Thanks to the built-in Chromecast, you can stream music/podcasts/playlists from more than 300 music apps to your speaker simply by tapping the cast icon in the app.
- Open an app with Chromecast support on your smartphone or tablet.
- Press the icon in the app and select the speaker or group.
- Press ‘Play’ in the app.
You can also ask the Google Assistant to play the radio in the living room (or another group that you have set up), for example.
- Your speaker’s name will be assigned during the installation via the Google Home app.
- The Citation speaker can support audio streaming but will not support video streaming.
- The Citation speaker can support operation in several rooms through the Chromecast built-in. Simply create a group in the Google Home app, combine your speakers and play these in several rooms.
- The number of Chromecast speakers with which you can stream music depends on the bandwidth of your local wireless network. In theory, an unlimited number of devices can be connected for streaming the same content.