If you have two identical speakers (e.g. two CITATION ONE or two CITATION 100 speakers), then you can set these up as a stereo pair using the Google Home app. You cannot configure two different speakers (e.g. one CITATION ONE and one CITATION 100) together as a stereo pair. If you only place these in the same group, they will play dual mono.
Proceed as follows to set up a stereo speaker
- Open the Google Home app
- Go to the start screen (Home icon on the bottom left)
- Select the speaker or room and tap on Settings
- Tap on Audio, find/select the speaker pair and tap Next
- Move the speaker to the left or right and tap Next (You can now play a test tone to identify which speaker is which)
- Give your stereo speaker pair a (easy to pronounce) name
- Complete the setup (this can take a few minutes)
You can watch the video below to see the steps for creating a stereo speaker pair:
NOTE: You can only set up a stereo pair if you have two identical speakers. So you cannot set up a stereo pair with one Citation One and one Citation 100, for example. However, you can place these two speakers in the same group and then have them play simultaneously (double mono).