In the Settings of the Apple Home app, you can determine how others connect to your speakers. Make sure that your iOS device or Mac is logged in with the same Apple ID you used to set up your speakers. You can also edit these settings if you are a shared user of a home with administrator privileges.
- Open the Apple Home app on your iOS device or Mac.
- On your iOS device: tapin the upper left corner, tap ‘Home Settings’, then tap your home. On your Mac: go to ‘Edit’ > ‘Edit Home’ in the menu bar.
- Under ‘Speakers’, click on ‘Allow Speaker Access’ and choose from the following options Everyone: Anyone within range of your speaker can see the device and play to it. Anyone On the Same Network:
- Anyone connected to your home Wi-Fi network can play music to your speaker via AirPlay.
- Only People Sharing This Home: Only people that you invite via the Apple Home app can play music through AirPlay.
- Password mandatory: A password is than mandatory to stream music through Airplay 2.
- Shared users with admin privileges can change the settings.
- If you secure access with a password, only the primary user can stream phone calls to the speakers.